Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Vacation from a Vacation









Now I know what you are thinking....good thing it is called the Big Island, or how else would I be able to go there? The next thing you(Tim) are probably thinking is how did I get there? I will tell you. I jumped on plane with my new acquaintances; Ted and David. Whom I had only met a few days earlier. The purpose of this trip was to go to the Kona Temple and to see Lava from the Volcano. Both were accomplished. Getting to the point now.
The temple was great! Although, it took me an hour for baptisms, and my friends hadn't even started their session yet. So I had to wait for 2 more hours for them to be done. It was 9 o'clock and I hadn't eaten since 11 o'clock! I was starvin marvin! The next day, we ended up renting a car, which came to be of very good use, for the Island was huge, we had so much to accomplish and there was no way we would be able to do all we wanted to do with hitch hiking! We explored the black sand beach, which was pretty cool I might say. Then we headed off to a National Park and hiked for 2 hours in a big circle. We went through a rainforest and that was pretty cool! Then we went inside a cave, and it was really really dark! That's okay, it came in handy when I started kissing a boy. After our long hike, we just wanted to relax. So we found some swimming area which turned out to be really nasty. Their were a lot of homeless looking people who go there everyday, in other words, that is their bath tub! We were in and out very fast! The volcano was our next destination. We were very disappointed when we got there, for we thought we would be seeing lava...wrongo! This is what we could see, from about a mile or so away.
After being disappointed, we decided we would come back the next day to hike to the lava. That is just what we did. No one was there, but we still had to be sneaky about it. It was probably about a 30 minute hike. As we were getting closer, it was getting a little more intense, adrenaline rushing and everything. Helicopters were flying over us, doing their tours. Those losers paid hudreds of bucks to see the lava, when we paid nothing and saw it! We were really excited and can't believe that our brilliant plan had actually worked. Now it was all fun and games from there on out.
We went and saw a place called Rainbow Falls, thinking we would be able to swim, but that was a lost cause. Keep this in mind, we would have seen a lot more places, but because the Island is so big, we were in the car most of the time, or at least half of the time. We went and saw another waterfall place, that was really cool! And on our way back towards the airport, we went through the mountains, where the snow is located. It was freezing outside! You would never believe it to be cold in Hawaii, but there is actual snow on the Big Island. Who would've thunk? Not Timmy.
On the day of our departure, it was a sad day. For we knew that we would be starting school soon. We still wanted to adventure out.
It is amazing what 4 days can to do 3 acquaintances, (well technically 2 of them were already friends, I was the new one) after spending 24/7 with those boys, I know everything about them (literally) and we are now great friends and are a newly put together club called HCAC: Honolulu County Adventure Club.

2 comments:

  1. you better not have been kissing ted or tad, whatever his name is, in the cave. SICKO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course not. Ted is just a friend. I think David is cute, but nothing happened there either.

    ReplyDelete