Thursday, April 29, 2010

Always Been A Rebel



I always wanted to go back to St. George, I just didn't know how it would happen. With my new job on hand, how could I just up and leave. After my photography class at SLCC, I had no idea what I was going to do. My thoughts were consumed by this very decision making everyday. School ends on Monday, what was I to do next. I knew I needed to finish my Associates Degree, so that was my first step. I went and talked to a SLCC counselor to see what classes were left for me to take in order to graduate by the end of the summer. I was told I needed to take 12 credits, one of them an elective, a humanities, history, and some other boring subject. School would start May 17th, a few days before I left for California and end August 3rd. I was also informed that there were either 8 week classes or 11 week classes. With the load that I would need to take, it would be better to take the 11 week course, or else it would feel like I was taking 8 classes. That does not sound like a fun summer! I took humanities and history down at Dixie, but because I did not pass them with a C or above, they were not transferred to SLCC. What a bummer because I hated those classes with a passion! I wasn't very happy after I left the counselors office. Not what I wanted to hear. On my way home, I was putting the brain of mine to great use. I remembered I still had my counselors number from Dixie, and I just wanted to know what classes I had left if I decided to graduate from there. I received an email the next stating that I currently had 55 credits. I would need to transfer my photography credit over, which would give me 58 credits, and I then would need TWO (2) credits to graduate to make 60 credits total. I did a little research, and turned out school starts June 1st, a day after I return home from California, and ends July 23rd. That was it, my decision was made. I have it all figured out. I am taking a gym glass, in which all I have to do is clock in whenever I work out and a yoga class, 2x a week. NO stress, NO homework. I still get a summer! I quickly contacted a few friends to find a place to live. I am still waiting to hear back from a friend that lives in these nice apartments with 2 pools and a gym. I contacted another friend to hook me up with a job at the fitness center. It would do for now, until I found a better job. I am moving in two weeks! I am so excited and can't wait to be living on my own once more. To get a social life and be back in the place where I became a REBEL!





1 comment: